About Dr. Ulises Guzman: Tampa FL Orthodontist
A Passion for Healthy, Beautiful Smiles
Dr. Ulises A. Guzman knows the difference straight teeth and a beautiful smile make in the life of his patients. Not only does each person’s self-esteem blossom, but they become more confident in every interaction. They know their smile looks incredible and that makes them happier and more outgoing.
Dr. Guzman also knows that properly aligned teeth improve a person’s dental and overall health. When teeth are crooked, it’s difficult to properly brush and floss, leading to an increase in dental disease. Misaligned teeth also put strain on the jaw and facial muscles during chewing, which can lead to pain, including TMJ-TMD.
Through his work, Dr. Guzman improves each patient’s emotional and physical health. Best of all, those changes last a lifetime!
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science, Catholic University of Puerto Rico, graduated Cum Laude
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Marquette University School of Dentistry
- Comprehensive General Dentistry Program and Certificate, University of Florida College of Dentistry
- Fellowship in Craniofacial Pain and Mandibular Dysfunction, University of Florida College of Dentistry
- Fellowship in Research and Clinical Orthodontics, Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics
- Certificate in Orthodontics, Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics
Understanding the importance of remaining current on ever-changing research, technology, and treatments, Dr. Guzman completes many hours of continuing education. He has also presented at professional orthodontic meetings, and has many published papers, as well.
Additionally, Dr. Guzman is a Fellow and Master with the Academy of General Dentistry and a Fellow in the International Association for Orthodontics. He strongly believes that staying current in his profession is the key to delivering comprehensive, quality care, and creating a lifetime of beautiful and healthy smiles for his patients.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- Florida Association of Orthodontists
- American Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- West Coast District Dental Association
Are travel hassles and time constraints preventing you from seeing an Orthodontist?
Receive a FREE virtual consultation in the comfort of your home in 3 easy steps
Upload Smile Photo
Describe your dental concern
View your customized Video Consultation
MEET THE TEAM
We recognize that all of our patients are unique and deserve to receive orthodontic care that reflects their individual needs. Our experienced and talented team is committed to working with you and your family to create a comfortable, stress-free, and rewarding orthodontic experience every time you visit our practice. We are pleased to welcome you and your family, and we look forward to working with you.
- Do a good job! From the moment you enter our practice, we want you to feel comfortable, welcome, and appreciated. We are here for you, and it’s our goal to build your trust in us so that we can help you smile.
- Be efficient with your time and money. We know that you have a busy schedule, and we don’t think that your appointments should interfere with your life. All of our appointments are appropriately scheduled so that you will spend less time in the waiting room and dental chair, and more time out enjoying the things that make you smile.
- Provide an office environment that is friendly, inviting, and professional. Your comfort is important to us, and because we work with patients of all ages, we recognize that each person who visits our practice has unique needs and expectations.
- We look forward to working with you, and to being a part of this wonderful, life-changing experience.
Please feel free to contact our practice and schedule a complimentary orthodontic consultation. Your lifetime of happy smiles starts here!
Doctor Guzman’s Published Articles
- Study on the Incidence and Location of Fracture in Round Orthodontic Archwires
- Comparison of Shear Bond Strength and Adhesive Remnant Index Between Precoated and Conventionally Bonded Orthodontic Brackets
- TM Disorders: Diagnostic Classification of Temporomandibular Disorders
- TM Disorders: Treatment & Management Considerations
How many certifying boards are recognized by the American Dental Association in the specialty of orthodontics?
One. The American Board of Orthodontics (ABO) is the only certifying board in the specialty that is recognized by the American Dental Association. The ABO was founded in 1929 and is the oldest specialty board in dentistry. The board’s purpose is to elevate the quality of orthodontic care for the public by promoting excellence through certification, education and professional collaboration.
Why would an orthodontist choose to complete this voluntary certification process?
Successful completion of the examination process demonstrates the orthodontist’s highest commitment to excellence in orthodontics – to both the orthodontic profession and the general public. It represents a commitment by a licensed specialist that he/she has the necessary knowledge base and skills to treat patients to the highest of standards. It exemplifies a practitioner’s commitment to continue to keep abreast of the latest advances in patient care, and to continue to deliver these latest advances to patients. Many orthodontists see it as a demonstration of their dedication to the specialty and the highest level of personal achievement.
What steps are required to complete the ABO certification process?
Since the establishment of the ABO in 1929, the certification process requirements have continued to adjust to the demands of the specialty. Today, the process involves a thorough Written Examination (240 questions) covering all areas of information which an orthodontist should be knowledgeable. Successful completion of this “board exam” allows the orthodontist to proceed to the Clinical Examination where they present detailed case reports from their practice/residency, demonstrating a history of excellence in patient care. These cases are evaluated by a panel of examiners and later discussed during an oral examination where the applicant is tested on a wide variety of academic and clinical topics. After successful completion of these examinations, the orthodontist has officially achieved Board Certification, for a time-limited period. The orthodontist must go through Certification Renewal every 10 years to maintain their certification status by demonstrating this continued level of patient care.
What is a Board Certified Orthodontist?
A board certified orthodontist is an orthodontist who has voluntarily gone through hundreds of additional hours of preparation to demonstrate their judgment, skills and knowledge required for providing the highest level of patient care. They have achieved board certification through the American Board of Orthodontics, the only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the and in affiliation with the American Association of Orthodontists.
An orthodontist is a dentist who has not only completed a graduate program in dentistry to receive their DDS or DMD (Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Dental Medicine), but has also gone through a competitive residency at a orthodontic program for an additional 2-3 years to be trained specifically in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics.
Achieving board certification is the last step in a long and intensive educational experience to ultimately provide excellent patient care.
Where to Find us?
At Guzman Orthodontics we create amazing smiles, one person at a time. Dr. Ulises A. Guzman and our team focus on personalized care, with treatments customized to each person’s unique needs. This means the best orthodontic experience and strongest, most confident smile for you.
Are you ready to live your best smile?
The first step toward achieving a beautiful, healthy smile is to schedule an appointment. To schedule an appointment, please complete and click the link below.
Our scheduling coordinator will contact you soon to confirm your appointment.
Address: 6907 W. Waters Ave, Tampa, FL 33634
Monday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Tuesday: 7:00am to 4:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am to 6:00pm
Thursday: 7:00am to 4:00pm
Friday: By Appointment